*Q: How do I apply?

A: In order to apply for equipment, you must come into our office and fill out an application on one of our kiosks. You will need the contact information,           including addresses and phone numbers for 3 separate individuals as part of this application: The Client, The Co-signer and one additional Contact Person. The client must live within the Greater San Gabriel Valley, while the Co-Signer must live within Los Angeles County.

Proof of residency from the client and secondary responsible party (drivers license and utility bill) is required (NO PHOTO COPIES WILL BE ACCEPTED).


SENIOR HOUSING / FACILITY RESIDENT REQUIREMENTS:(Please bring these following documents)

1. Facility Letter (letter head) stating client residency and equipment responsibility. CLICK HERE FOR SAMPLE

2. FORM 115 (Facility Residency Equipment Loan Agreement)

3. Valid ID.

Q: Is there an age requirement?

A: No, we serve clients of all ages.

Q: Are there ever any charges or service fees?

A: The client will never be charged for using our durable medical equipment. We loan hospital beds free of charge but the mattresses are not included.                  However, you may purchase the mattress from CAS. Delivery is available for hospital beds and mattresses. The delivery fee is based on the distance from        our office. Handling fee and/or service fee may apply.

Q: Is there anything that you do not lend?

A: We do not lend disposable equipment (such as diapers, bed pads, etc.), only durable equipment (meaning reusable). Please check our items for loan page to       see the items we currently loan out. If the item you are looking for is durable and not listed, please feel free to contact us to check if we have the item in           question available to loan.

Q: Do you accept donations of gently used medical equipment?

A: Yes! The equipment we accept must be durable equipment, not disposable. Also, please note that the equipment must be in working condition (or easily            repaired).

Q: How can I support the work of Convalescent Aid Society?

A: You can click on donations on our website or you can write a check for any amount and mail it to our office.

     You can donate used medical equipment.

     You can volunteer your time.

     You can give a gift of stock or include Convalescent Aid Society in your estate plan. Or call Mark Waterson at (626) 793-1696 to discuss your questions.

Q: How can I volunteer in your office?

A: If you are interested in volunteering for us, you can fill out our easy online application, or stop by our office and ask for Deborah Lewis.